Just got back from Lollibop. Kids had a really good time and we had fun watching them have a really good time. It was sold out today, and we felt so sorry for all those parents who had taken their brood up to Regents Park, in the hope of getting in, only to be turned away at the gates. But there are still tickets available tomorrow, so you never know, it might be worth another visit!
If you are going, here are my top tips.
1. Bring food. The queues were ridiculous. If you have a portaloo you may be able to sustain the wait but if not, bring as much as you need so you can enjoy more of the event.
2. Do NOT wait for half and hour in a queue of over 700 people to see the Charlie and Lola's Bestest Play Ever. I'm sorry but it would have been more apt to re-title it Charlie and Lola's Longest and Most Pointless Play Ever! What were they thinking? They had four people dressed in subdued black and grey, holding little paper cutouts of Charlie and Lola desperately trying to communicate the most unimaginative story about our heroes tidying their bedroom, having a bath and nightmares!! I kid you not, people were actually leaving half way through. I saw at least 6 parents in close proximity to me fall asleep! One of my boys asked me whether it had finished yet, only 10 minutes into the show! The foresight of youth eh? I am sure that Lauren Child would have been horrified!
3. Make sure you see Rastamouse. Da Easy Crew put on a brilliant show and created a lovely vibe for parents and children alike. He just brings a smile to your face and adds a groove to your moves!
4. The WOW tent was brilliant. As soon as the twins saw those fantastically designed toys they were in the tent like a shot and played happily for ages on the mini tables with race tracks, cars, trucks, planes you name it! And each child was given a little toy to take home! Great move.
5. The Itsy Bitsy Strictly Tent is where we should have spent some time but didn't. It was a dancing tent but with a chill out zone thrown in. Everyone in there sounded like they were having a great time, so I would highly recommend it.
6. Minimission is where to head if you fancy a groove, the music was superb in there.
7. The Waybuloos were yogatastic and loved by all.
8. Don't forget your picnic blanket - it's a must!!
9. Keep an eye out for the freebies on offer, drinks and food.
10. Leave before the rush.
Staff were oh so friendly and the vibe was great. If you adhere to my tips. You'll have a wonderful time tomorrow.